Our friends at GUNNAR Optiks are at it again. Just today, GUNNAR announced the computer eyewear company has been awarded a broad patent coverage on the company’s lens technology and design. This patent covers GUNNAR’s 20/20 and prescription computer eyewear. The materials used combine a proprietary lens material through an advanced geometry, that are finished with a custom tuned lens tint and coating. Below you are the highlights of the press release sent out by Gunnar’s PR agency:
“Aggressively protecting our technological innovations is an integral part of our business”, said Joe Croft, co-founder of GUNNAR. “GUNNAR Optiks computer eyewear addresses a problem affecting more than 120M Americans today. Securing broad based patents reinforces GUNNAR’s leadership position in the category that we created, and ensures that affected consumers can receive a high quality eyewear solution that protects their vision”.
US Patent No. 8,342,681 was awarded to GUNNAR Optiks on January 1, 2013, and applies to the following areas of innovation:
- Computer eyewear designed to filter spectral peaks commonly found in fluorescent lighting and computer backlights.
- Computer eyewear with a wrap-around design designed to protect the eye from air currents and trap in evaporated moisture.
- Computer eyewear with decentered optics to provide distortion-free viewing.
Additional patent claims gained by GUNNAR included the filtration of HEV (High Energy Visible) light, these have been allowed and set to issue in the coming months.
GUNNAR Optiks computer eyewear combines form and function with style to reduce eye fatigue and stress, commonly associated with Computer Vision Syndrome and Digital Eye Fatigue. GUNNAR Optiks i-AMP lens technology gives computer users better performance and a visual advantage in the short term while reducing wear and tear on eyes in the long term. Working with the eye, optic nerve and brain to enhance the viewing experience, this patented technology allows digital users to see more clearly, absorb and process more than with the naked eye alone.
All styles are available for purchase on GUNNAR’s online store, with select styles available from major retailers worldwide including: Best Buy, Amazon, Zappo’s and Newegg. To learn more about GUNNAR Optiks and to find a retail location, please visit: http://www.gunnars.com
Latest posts by Billy Nichols (see all)
- SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!: Qwick’s Best of PAX Prime 2014 - September 6, 2014
- PAX Prime Interview: Steve Jarros, Jim Boone and Mike Watson (Volition) - August 30, 2014
- Qwick’s Journal: PAX Prime Day One - August 30, 2014